Baha’i Agency For Social And Economic Development – United Kingdom, the Data Controller, here and after referred to as the “BASED UK”, complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as implemented in May 2018. It aims to ensure that, when processing information belonging to individuals who are registered as supporters of BASED UK, that data is processed with a high degree of integrity and confidentiality for the charity’s administrative purposes. BASED UK will
endeavour to ensure such data is accurate, and kept for as long as it is required. This Privacy Declaration will be reviewed on a regular basis and posted in official publications and websites.
1. Contact details
Executive Officer, BASED UK, c/o 27 Rutland Gate, London, SW7 1PD
Phone: 07496 525058
2. Personal data and the purposes for which it is used
BASED UK may record and process your personal data when you register as a BASED UK supporter. Such data may include:
– Personal details such as full name, age, home address, phone number, email address
– Bank account details;
The purposes for which this data is processed includes but is not limited to:
– Supporter administration including managing Newsletter subscription, record keeping and communication;
– Managing contributions, donations and funds;
– Propagating the principles and practices of development as described by the Universal House of Justice & Baha’i International Development Organisation;
3. Legal bases for processing
As an independent charitable organisation, BASED UK’s processing of personal and sensitive data falls within its ‘legitimate interests’. When using ‘legitimate interests’ as the legal basis for using the information given, BASED UK will ensure it is for a genuine purpose, required for managing the day to day affairs of BASED UK, and not invasive to your privacy.
4. Sharing your personal data with others
BASED UK trustees may have access to financial contributions of supporters for planning and information purposes and may share data with Office of the Treasurer to process donor Gift Aid tax refunds through the Office of Treasurer or the Trustees of the Huqúq’u’lláh. Photographs and/or video taken at Bahá’í events may be posted in BASED UK Newsletter, on the website [https://www.baseduk.org/] and/or other social media platforms depending on permission given. If you donate money using the UK Gift Aid scheme, details of those gifts are sent to HMRC.
5. Storage, retaining and deleting personal data
BASED UK uses Google Drive services for digital files, which have integrated appropriate security measures to keep your data safe. Membership software and digital documents containing personal data are either encrypted or password-protected and is only accessible to relevant BASED UK officers. BASED UK officers will remove any information that is no longer required. Notwithstanding the other provisions, your personal data may be retained where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which BASED UK is subject or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
6. Your principal rights
Your principal rights under data protection law are:
(a) the right to access;
(b) the right to rectification;
(c) the right to erasure;
(d) the right to restrict processing;
(e) the right to object to processing;
(f) the right to data portability;
(g) the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
(h) the right to withdraw consent.
You have the right to ensure BASED UK use of your data is lawful, and that the data held about you is accurate. Access to your data can be requested through the Executive Officer of BASED UK. In order to locate the information you are requesting and to ensure proof of your identity, please send:
- Your name (including any names by which you used to be known) and Date
- Address (including postcode), e-mail address(es), telephone number(s)
- Two pieces of identification that between them clearly show your name, date of birth and current address (eg passport, photocard driving license, birth certificate, recent bank statement/utility bill)
In response, and within one month at the latest, you will be sent:
- The personal data we hold on record for you
- The types of processing done with your data
- The people/groups with whom your data will have been shared (or will be in
- BASED UK intentions regarding how long your data might be stored
- OR BASED UK reasons for not providing your data
This service will not be charged for unless you make manifestly unfounded or
7. GDPR training
Relevant training is provided for the Executive Officer &/or volunteers and trustees who have access to, store and/or use or transmit information on behalf of BASED UK.
This policy may be updated from time to time by publishing a new version on the BASED UK