Marketing& fundraising volunteers
About the opportunities
BASED UK trustees seek enthusiastic and committed volunteers with an interest in the field of international development. There are various volunteering opportunities focussing on raising the public profile and the financial capacity of BASED UK in order to extend and deepen its reach of beneficial influence according to its charitable mandate.
As a BASED UK fundraiser, an important element of the work will be to raise awareness of the charity’s work and goals. At the same time, your role is to increase the contributions of individuals and groups by building relationships and exploring new fundraising opportunities from various sources. Volunteers may engage with potential donors from the corporate, statutory or community sectors, or with interested individuals within your own neighbourhoods & networks. The volunteer role can be tailored according to your own background and interests, whether its organising community engagement events or forming corporate relationships on behalf of the charity.
About BASED UK
BASED UK serves to support social and economic development learning and action as part of the Bahá’í International Community’s commitment to building a more unified, equitable and ever-advancing global civilisation. BASED-UK collaborates with overseas development agencies to assist them in their efforts to build capacity in local populations to take charge of their own social and economic development through the application of spiritual principles and systems of knowledge.
What are we looking for?
- An understanding of & commitment to the role of BASED UK as an operating charity
- Willingness to collaborate with other BASED UK volunteers in fulfilling your role
- Individual initiative in grasping opportunities to further our charitable aims
- Confidence in representing BASED UK and engaging the interest of individuals
& groups at community events, summer schools or in one’s home
- Willingness to with Executive Officer and trustees on proposed activities and
provide feedback for reflection
- Buddying when needed
- Relevant expenses refunded
- No minimum time commitment required
Formore information or to sign up to help with the above work, please call MarkHabibi on 07496 525058, oremail firstname.lastname@example.org